Living Our Purpose
We are a people-first organization, known for our team’s ability to simplify the most complex engineering challenges. We are also ignited by the opportunity to champion solutions to some of the most pressing difficulties facing our people, planet, and community.
From climate change to social and racial inequity, we are committed to a state of continuous improvement.
We exist to realize our potential for the fulfillment
of our people, our clients, and the communities
where our work comes to life.
We strive to build a better world by
being creative, collaborative, and advanced.
Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging at Entuitive
Our Vision for Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging
By 2030, Entuitive will reflect the diversity of the societies in which we live and work. Our firm will, more than ever, be a place where people can feel a sense of belonging and inclusion. Through employee engagement and discussions, we identified four key pillars that we will focus on.
The ENable Pillar exists to create a barrier-free workplace in each of our seven offices. We are aiming to achieve this by 2030. To us, a barrier-free work environment means:
- An environment where people feel comfortable seeking accommodation if they need it.
- Where the essentials of physical accessibility are accounted for.
- Where all people feel included in the work environment.
- Where we are responsive to people’s changing conditions be they physical, cognitive, mental or otherwise.
Our Pride Pillar exists to promote the representation of the LGBTQ2S+ community. Our Mission is to become a leader in the industry for LGBTQ2S+ representation and outreach, with goals including:
- Pride in Our Environment
- Promote LGBTQ2S+ representation at Entuitive to encourage and demonstrate a safe space within the company.
- Pride in City Building
- Partner with and sponsor LGBTQ2S+ organizations within the industry and our local communities; play an active role in driving the conversation.
- Pride in Our Employer Brand
- Leverage these partnerships and create branded content that demonstrates representation within Entuitive, to enhance attraction and recruitment of students and new employees. We want community members to know they are welcomed and will be included at Entuitive.
Our Gender Balance employee group were the pioneers at Entuitive for bringing forward the discussions around Inclusion, Diversity, and Belonging. The Gender Balance team will support Entuitive in our effort towards achieving gender balance within our own family.
We will achieve our goals through a mix of recruitment, retention, professional development, and succession planning.
- Creation of the Entuitive Women’s Alliance (ENWA – Our employee resource group for women and allies).
- Creation of pilot mentorship program.
- Collection of gender-disaggregated data related to hiring, promotions, and compensation that we will track over time to measure success against our goals.
- International Women’s Day internal pillar launch event.
- Picture a Scientist internal documentary screening and discussion group for International Women in Engineering Day.
Multicultural & Indigenous Peoples
The Multicultural & Indigenous Peoples team is driven to raise awareness and education of the various cultures and ethnicities that make up Entuitive. Our goal is to develop partnerships with Indigenous and Multicultural organizations within our communities to support, understand, and build meaningful relationships.
By 2030, Entuitive will reflect the diversity of the societies in which we live and work. Our firm will be a place where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and feel included and valued for their contribution to our success.
The higher priority 2021 goals for MC&I are:
- Communications of various cultural holidays that our people celebrate and what they mean to them, through our internal newsletter.
- Indigenous land acknowledgements of our Canadian offices, either through email signatures or on the website.
- Research of MC&I recruitment and co-op programs for potential partnership.
- Identify volunteer opportunities within MC&I community group or charities for staff.
Building a Better World
The Sustainable Performance Group
Our team of highly motivated people with expertise across Entuitive’s service offering spectrum and in sustainable design are driving meaningful change at Entuitive when it comes to sustainable performance.CLICK TO MEET THE TEAM & EXPLORE OUR SUSTAINABLE PERFORMANCE SERVICES
Our Sustainable Performance Group facilitates discussions and collaboration across our firm. They coordinate the efforts of all our services to provide a holistic and thoughtful approach to incorporating sustainable design principles on our projects and deliver the most value to our clients.
In April 2021, we released our first annual Sustainable Performance Strategy, “From Commitment to Acton”.CLICK HERE TO READ IT
A Decade of Sustainable Performance
Operation since 2018
Formal signatories to the UK Structural Engineers and
the Canadian Engineers Declare Climate and Biodiversity Emergency
Sponsors and Members of the Canada Green Building Council
We have committed internally to several initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Minimizing air travel for staff
- Implementing energy-efficient mechanical and electrical upgrades
- Dispatching local team members to local projects sites to further reduce air travel
- Introducing carbon accounting and reporting
- Developing carbon offset partnership
- Sorting and reducing office waste across our seven location
The type of people who thrive at Entuitive are offend the type of people who find fulfillment in creating a positive impact in their everyday role.
Imagine being asked to make a choice:
Going to work for an organization that is bogged down by layers and layers within an org chart, making it cumbersome to get answers and approvals to do your job.
Going to work at a place where you have the autonomy to quickly make decisions, and the confidence to act in the best interest of the organization you work for.
This is the workplace we have built together. Sound interesting? See our Open Roles here.
We have designed our organization to learn and respond rapidly to changing and challenging markets and circumstances. It helps us remain competitive by eliminating waste and enabling a highly nimble way of working and allows everyday decisions to be made by the right people – the ones who are impacted by those decisions. It pushes accountability down to every level and empowers each of us to act in the best interest of Entuitive. Our organizational design is a critical element of our culture and goes hand in hand with our passion to always be better tomorrow than we were today.
At Entuitive, we believe that innovation is made up of activities that come in all different sizes from creating new products and services, to improvements in the way we work.
Our process starts by challenging the status quo, asking questions, and driving solutions to continuously create value for our people, customers and communities.
At Entuitive, innovation is always on. Through our internal Ideas site, our talented people can submit their idea for a better way of doing things, whether that means developing a new service, improving our internal processes, or improving the way we recruit.
When you are guided by principles that include, “Why Not?”, you can use your own courage, creativity, and imagination to do something better than before. Read more about Innovation at Entuitive here.